25 July 2013

Secret Shop

The live version of the An Affordable Wardrobe Shop, or what the kids and I have taken to calling the "secret shop", will have a preliminary launch this Saturday, 27 July, from 10am-2pm. If you're in the Boston area, drop by and introduce yourself, enjoy an Aperol Spritz, hear some jazz on vinyl, and maybe even buy something.
The racks are jammed full of great Summer goods, with a little bit of tweed and other heavy stuff for the forward looking among you. Best of all, they haven't fallen of the wall ... yet.
And with some artwork on the walls, a comfy chair, and a KLH record player, the room is feeling nice and cozy. It's comfortably air conditioned, making it a great place to wear a jacket and tie for no good reason on an 85 degree day.
click on map for directions

Located in the heart of Davis Square, Somerville, above the Burren pub. Locals know what a great place Davis Square has become to spend a few hours of a lovely Saturday. With plenty of great places to eat and drink, as well as interesting shops, mostly independent and local, it's worth the trip. Drop in and see me, leave your favorite shoes to be fixed at Savas Shoe Repair, get a shave at Dente's Barber Shop, grab some lunch and a beer at any one of a number of places, and if you feel like staying, catch a movie at the historic Somerville Theatre. Easily accessible by car, bike, or public transportation via the red line to the Davis stop.

AN AFFORDABLE WARDROBE
249 ELM STREET, SECOND FLOOR 
SOMERVILLE, MASS. 02144
SAT. 27 JULY 2013, 10am-2pm

This is something of a trial run. I will be keeping regular hours there soon, which I will post here and on Facebook as things fall into place. As you may well imagine, I've got plenty to do putting the final toucheson things, so there will be no new blog posts here until after the weekend. I look forward to seeing you this Saturday. Please allow me once again to thank everyone who helped me get this going, purchased anything from me, or just read my blog. I owe all of this to you.

17 comments:

David M. said...

Big question. What forms of payment you accept?

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Good luck, G. I know it will go well on Saturday. Were I in the Boston area, you can bet I'd make my way to the AAW shop.

Best Regards,

Heinz-Ulirch von B.

Pigtown*Design said...

So proud of what you've accomplished! Wish I could be there for your opening. All the best to you!

Ken P said...

Perfectly in sync with the first day of Drinkwater's Summer Sale. I will swing by after!

Anonymous said...

Looks great.
Good luck with the sale and your business.

Joe said...

Cash and major credit cards

Drew said...

Congrats. You're a great addition to the neighborhood.

David V said...

Good luck! If I lived anywhere near Boston I'd be there.

Anonymous said...

Happily / unfortunately I will be right then be moving from Brooklyn to Boston, merging onto the BQE at 10, exiting Mass Pike at 2.
I've been following your blog this past year and am very much looking forward to your regular shop hours.
Congratulations, G.
Best, Joshua

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great and vibrant neighborhood. It amazes me how parts of the Boston area look so English. Compared to Wisconsin, that is.

Good luck.

Anonymous said...

I've been a follower of your blog for some time now and I wish I could check out your store! Congratulations! However, I live in Kansas and that's just little too far way.

Roger v.d. Velde said...

I well, I'm there in spirit. Hope the opening is going well. Shop looks cool and old school.

Brent Kryda said...

C'est bien. When I find myself in Boston next summer I plan to see if you have developed a small Big and Tall selection by then.

Don't turn the air up too high, otherwise you might sell more of those tweeds than those summer items!

Young Fogey said...

Looks great. Congratulations! Best wishes for much more success!

Now your next assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to photograph everything and offer it on your on-line store, too...

Well, a guy can dream, can't he?

Ronnie MacLennan Baird said...

Congratulations on getting to this point and good luck for the journey beyond!

Anonymous said...

Nice one G.

Is that 'the kids' as in '...are alright' or your own offspring?

Joe said...

My very own children